Masterpiece Matchup Contest
NEW! The Masterpiece Matchup contest is a season-long elimination tournament, showcasing the orchestral repertoire of the 2022-23 season until only one composer's masterpiece stands as the winner!
The following Masterpieces have been chosen as our finalists! Click on each of the piece titles to listen to a recording. Use these recordings to refresh your memory or become familiar with our finalists so that you can cast your vote on May 22 for your favorite.
- Arturo MÁRQUEZ / Fandango Violin Concerto
- Benjamin BRITTEN / Violin Concerto, Op. 15
- Giuseppe VERDI / “È strano! - Ah, fors'è lui - Sempre libera”, La Traviata
- Johannes BRAHMS / Piano Concerto No. 2 AND
Ludwig van BEETHOVEN / Symphony No. 7 **2022-23 Winner**
- William HARVEY / Seven Decisions of Gandhi
- George GERSHWIN/ An American in Paris