Salmon, Corn, and Avocado Salad
From the kitchen of Joanne Bates, bass
“This salad is delicious with fresh Jersey corn and tomatoes from the farmer’s market. Serves 4" –Joanne
- 4 ears of fresh corn, kernels removed from the cob
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- ½ red onion, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (plus a tsp. for brushing salmon)
- 2 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets, @5 oz. each
- 1 small lemon
Put salmon fillets on a foil lined baking sheet, brush with a little olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Broil until done, 15 minutes or so, depending on thickness. Let cool slightly, then pull apart into chucks and squeeze a little lemon over all.
Combine the corn, tomatoes, avocado, onion, oil and vinegars in a large bowl and toss gently to combine. Divide the salad among four plates and put the salmon on top. Serve while the fish is still warm.